DWMA
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

DWMA

A canon free Soul Eater role-playing site

HomePortalSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in
Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search
Latest topics
» Draw Now: 30 Easy Exercises For Beginners
Practical Applications: Day 1 I_icon_minitimeThu Dec 19, 2013 1:46 pm by 

» Mission for Mel: Jeremy Dahmer
Practical Applications: Day 1 I_icon_minitimeFri Dec 07, 2012 12:58 am by keylaleigh

» Mission: El Chupacabra Takedown!
Practical Applications: Day 1 I_icon_minitimeSun Nov 18, 2012 9:35 pm by Malverne

» Cybil is here!!
Practical Applications: Day 1 I_icon_minitimeSat Nov 17, 2012 1:13 pm by Tacker

» Cybil (WIP)
Practical Applications: Day 1 I_icon_minitimeSat Nov 17, 2012 1:03 pm by Cybil

» Mission: Millennium Bug
Practical Applications: Day 1 I_icon_minitimeFri Nov 16, 2012 12:23 am by Malverne

» Mission: El Chupacabra
Practical Applications: Day 1 I_icon_minitimeThu Nov 15, 2012 11:53 pm by Malverne

» ...Right. Partners. I need one.
Practical Applications: Day 1 I_icon_minitimeThu Nov 15, 2012 11:39 pm by Ren Nakai

» Rash, Rushed, Ren!
Practical Applications: Day 1 I_icon_minitimeThu Nov 15, 2012 11:33 pm by Malverne

Most active topics
The Brawl of the Soloists Ralph vs Dunto
Homeroom: Day 1
Practical Applications: Day 1
Ralph's shack, The mysterious noises?
Mission for Mel: Jeremy Dahmer
Rash, Rushed, Ren!
Mission: El Chupacabra Takedown!
Dunto New Man on the Block!!!
The Painter of DWMA
Calcifer Halt - Cold Hearted Machine
Who is online?
In total there are 2 users online :: 0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 2 Guests

None

Most users ever online was 55 on Sat Jul 29, 2017 6:54 am

Go down 
4 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
Malverne
Bio Approver
Malverne

Practical Applications: Day 1 Empty
PostSubject: Practical Applications: Day 1   Practical Applications: Day 1 I_icon_minitimeMon Sep 17, 2012 10:20 am

Jojo walked back into the classroom, and half of the class was already back. Tacker was nowhere to be seen, despite the fact that class technically started in two minutes. Jojo shuffled awkwardly into the same class he'd sat in in the previous class, back row, one seat away from the wall, and stared at his hands.

After a moment of glancing around, Jojo pulled out his lighter, and started playing with it under the table, trying to keep his flammable activities hidden from his classmates.

After a few minutes, Jojo glanced at the clock, wondering where Tacker was. Also the other classmates who were missing, namely Ralph, Dunto, Cal, and Melanie. To spend some of the time, Jojo pulled out the worksheet for the previous class, and started working on it, leaving long explanations for his hypothetical actions.
Back to top Go down
Kinslayer6788

Kinslayer6788

PostSubject: Re: Practical Applications: Day 1   Practical Applications: Day 1 I_icon_minitimeMon Sep 17, 2012 10:49 am

Jab finally walked into the school. He was really late, but he was not used to waking up early for classes. Oh well, not much could have happened. It being the first day and all.....or could it. He started getting really paranoid that something big was happening, he started to quicken his pace. By the time he got to his class everyone was filing back into class. Readjusting his jacket he put his hands in his pockets, took his headphones off his ears, and walked into the classroom.

He walked over to the kid playing with a lighter and sat down next to him. "Hey, I'm new here. Is this Practical Applications?"
Back to top Go down
Tacker
Admin
Tacker

PostSubject: Re: Practical Applications: Day 1   Practical Applications: Day 1 I_icon_minitimeMon Sep 17, 2012 1:08 pm

"Right down there." Calcifer said quietly after a silent walk down a series of hallways. "Class is three rooms over when you're done." The girl seemed rather cheerful for somebody about to meet Death himself. He offered her a simple nod as it was all he knew how to do when trying to wish good fortune on somebody.

Ah yes. Professor Tacker's "Practical Application" class. This was a strange class to say the least, since the Professor avoided paperwork at all costs. It normally consisted of live examples and field trips. Whatever, so long as the students were learning something useful. For some reason, Jojo seemed to attract newer students. Perhaps it had something to do with his quiet nature?

Cal found a place just below Jojo where he usually sat, and turned around to have a look at the new boy. Jojo seemed shocked as ever to have somebody talking to him, so Calcifer decided to take some 'heat' off the timid boy. "Yes it is."
Back to top Go down
https://dwma-rpg.rpg-board.net
keylaleigh

keylaleigh

PostSubject: Re: Practical Applications: Day 1   Practical Applications: Day 1 I_icon_minitimeMon Sep 17, 2012 5:54 pm

Mel walked down the hallway. Her meeting with Death went pretty well. He seemed like a pretty nice fella, all in all. Reminded her of one of her uncles a bit. He just said that her class was located in the classroom about five doors down. "Practical applications... huh. I guess I can do practical." She muttered as she made her way down the hall. Hopefully nobody would notice her being as late as she was. Mel decided that she would have to work on timing the distance between her residence and the school on the way home that day.

When she walked into the room, she saw the two from before and one other guy sitting next to the shy one. Man, he was tall. Then again, everyone was tall to Mel.

She saw an open seat next to the shy one and walked over, plonking herself down into it. "Would you look at that? We have a class together!"
Back to top Go down
Malverne
Bio Approver
Malverne

PostSubject: Re: Practical Applications: Day 1   Practical Applications: Day 1 I_icon_minitimeMon Sep 17, 2012 6:01 pm

Jojo had been silently thanking a number of deities from a handful of pantheons that Cal had answered the question for him. Why was it that new people assumed he knew everything?! This was Jojo's first day in this class, same as everyone else. Last year...he was in a different class. For some reason, Jojo's teachers had been switched, and he wasn't with the same classmates.

Now that people were sort of talking to him, Jojo couldn't continue working on his worksheet, and folded the paper up, now without something to distract him. Instead, Jojo just stared at his hands, hoping more people wouldn't talk to him.

He visibly flinched when Mel sat down next to him.

"Oh god dammit," he whispered, "Why? Why her? Why me? Why this class? Oh, I'm gonna die..."
Back to top Go down
Kinslayer6788

Kinslayer6788

PostSubject: Re: Practical Applications: Day 1   Practical Applications: Day 1 I_icon_minitimeMon Sep 17, 2012 6:19 pm

Jab looked at the man who answered him. He was cold. He could feel it. Whatever, he was the first to talk to him so he was the first to be talked to. He jumped down to the tier below.

"So you seem to know your way around here. I missed the first class and that kinda upset me. I am not used to waking up so early." Jab pulled out his notebook and pen. "What did I miss? Oh and why is the guy I was just sitting next to shaking? Oh also," Jab extended his hand in the common way people in the states do, "nice to meet you, I am Jab."
Back to top Go down
Tacker
Admin
Tacker

PostSubject: Re: Practical Applications: Day 1   Practical Applications: Day 1 I_icon_minitimeMon Sep 17, 2012 10:56 pm

What is he doing? Why is he explaining anything to me, and why does he have so many questions? Calcifer naturally adopted an even sterner look than usual as this new boy hurled questions at him. On top of that a handshake. Wasn't one enough for the day?

This one certainly was a handful of a classmate, though it was easy to tell he meant no harm. That didn't mean he wasn't too noisy for Cal's taste. He reached out and gripped the boy's hand. Might as well get this over with fast.

Calcifer pulled out the test that Aleks had assigned and handed it to the boy as a response to his first question, but didn't bother answering any of his other questions, they didn't seem to hold any real purpose, so why explain? Let that be it. Cal hoped to himself.
Back to top Go down
Kinslayer6788

Kinslayer6788

PostSubject: Re: Practical Applications: Day 1   Practical Applications: Day 1 I_icon_minitimeTue Sep 18, 2012 10:21 am

Jab noticed that the guy next to him was not very talkitive. Oh well, at least he takes good notes. After copying down the test and answering all the questions, he gave back the test.

"Thank you very much for the test. I really apprecite it. So I noticed you do not talk very often. That is okay I will talk for the both of us. So what do you think we will be doing in this class anyway? You never answered me about the kid behind us. Also who it the creepy hick next to him? Oh also you never told me your name."
Back to top Go down
keylaleigh

keylaleigh

PostSubject: Re: Practical Applications: Day 1   Practical Applications: Day 1 I_icon_minitimeTue Sep 18, 2012 12:20 pm

Mel looked over at the very tall guy a seat down from her and heard what he was saying. Creepy she could somewhat deal with. She came off a little obtuse at points which could scare some. I mean, the kid next to her seemed pretty frightened.

But hick... she couldn't take that.

She used her soul energy to take the bracelets on her arm and form them into a small buckler shield. She was planning on bashing him in the head with it like she did to people who got her angry back home. Unfortunately she had a hard time reaching him and accidentally kept hitting Jojo in the back. She sighed and put her arm down.

But then she looked down at the table. There was a lighter there.

Perfect...

She quickly scrawled a note on a piece of paper. "Hey Jojo. Do a favor for me?" she wrote.
Back to top Go down
Malverne
Bio Approver
Malverne

PostSubject: Re: Practical Applications: Day 1   Practical Applications: Day 1 I_icon_minitimeTue Sep 18, 2012 12:23 pm

Jojo's prayer to various deities was punctuated with the occasional "Ow," as the edge of a buckler started whacking him in the back. Jojo knew that Mel was the cause of this pain, but he didn't have the nerve to look up and tell (beg) her to stop. He continued praying to the air, now into the Norse pantheon, until the edge of a paper nudged his hand.

It read:
"Hey Jojo. Do a favor for me?"Jojo looked up to stare at the girl, still hitting him with her shield. He flipped the paper over, and wrote a note back.

"What? Why? What are you doing?"
Back to top Go down
keylaleigh

keylaleigh

PostSubject: Re: Practical Applications: Day 1   Practical Applications: Day 1 I_icon_minitimeTue Sep 18, 2012 12:25 pm

She quickly read through the note sent back and smiled. Then she wrote back.

"I'm gonna teach the kid next to you a lesson in manners."

The paper was passed.
Back to top Go down
Malverne
Bio Approver
Malverne

PostSubject: Re: Practical Applications: Day 1   Practical Applications: Day 1 I_icon_minitimeTue Sep 18, 2012 12:27 pm

Jojo's face, which was already pale enough to begin with, turned white as a sheet. He scribbled a response back.

"And what do you want me to do? I have nothing against him!"

He shoved the paper back across the desk.
Back to top Go down
keylaleigh

keylaleigh

PostSubject: Re: Practical Applications: Day 1   Practical Applications: Day 1 I_icon_minitimeTue Sep 18, 2012 12:30 pm

Mel rolled her eyes. Of course he would give an objection. She started to quickly scribble a note back, and then figured writing was taking much too long. She grabbed the arm of his coat and dragged him down to her level.

"I need a reason to smack him in the head, so you light his hair on fire so I can give him a goodwill beatdown." She grinned a wicked grin.
Back to top Go down
Malverne
Bio Approver
Malverne

PostSubject: Re: Practical Applications: Day 1   Practical Applications: Day 1 I_icon_minitimeTue Sep 18, 2012 12:34 pm

Fully expecting a note back, Jojo was taken rather aback at suddenly being yanked down by his arm. The terrified yelp dried up in his throat as Mel started talking into his ear.

"F-f-fire?" He squeaked. His voice was so high, nearby dogs were irritated by the noise. Jojo tried to protest, he really did, but the thought of receiving a "goodwill beatdown" of his own was too much to take. He flipped the lighter open, still down at Mel's level, and reached across to the tall boy's head. Two seconds later, and the silver hair was already smoking. Jojo quickly scrawled a note to Cal, threw it down, and ducked under the table.

"Duck."
Back to top Go down
keylaleigh

keylaleigh

PostSubject: Re: Practical Applications: Day 1   Practical Applications: Day 1 I_icon_minitimeTue Sep 18, 2012 12:37 pm

Mel looked at the hair as it started to smoke and Jojo as he ducked under the table. Smart boy. She grinned, and then changed her grin to a look of panic.

"Hey kid! Your hair's on fire!" She shouted, jumping onto the chair that Jojo was sitting on. She took off her flannel shirt and dropped it on his head. "Don't worry, though. I can take care of it." She took her shield and smacked him in the back of the head where the fire was. Smoke billowed from under the shirt.

Content with her work, Mel sat back down in her seat, leaving the flannel on top of the tall kid's head.
Back to top Go down
Tacker
Admin
Tacker

PostSubject: Re: Practical Applications: Day 1   Practical Applications: Day 1 I_icon_minitimeTue Sep 18, 2012 2:44 pm

Calcifer had been thoroughly annoyed by this student, and hadn't responded to a single one of his questions, nor did he intend to. He had heard some writing behind him with a few muffled voices just before a small note dropped beside him.

"Duck."

Cal immediately took heed to this paper and leaned down onto his desk. Just in time, too. The girl, Mel, behind him had reacted quickly to a fire that had spontaneously lit on the new students hair. She threw her flannel shirt over his smoking head, and proceeded to snuff the fire out with a solid whack from her shield.

What the hell? Calcifer was slightly shocked, but even more so, amused.
Back to top Go down
Kinslayer6788

Kinslayer6788

PostSubject: Re: Practical Applications: Day 1   Practical Applications: Day 1 I_icon_minitimeTue Sep 18, 2012 6:29 pm

Jab had heard a fury of movement behind him, along with some muffled voices about fire. When suddenly he smelled fire coming fromvery close. He was about to get upto look around when he heard the girl tell him his hair was on fire. Next thing he knows his world wa sblinded by shirt. He felt fear for about a milisecond beforeeverything went black.

The force of the blow sent him flying out of his seat, sending all of his books flying everywhere. One book in perticular landed right in front of the girl who hit him. How to be Hip: A Foreigners Guide to American Slang. It had flipped open to the south and read. Southeners are generally called one of two things in America. Hicks are seen as good natured southeners, while Rednecks are seen as the opposite.

"Oh my god, why was my hair on fire! Thank you so much for saving my life!"
Back to top Go down
keylaleigh

keylaleigh

PostSubject: Re: Practical Applications: Day 1   Practical Applications: Day 1 I_icon_minitimeTue Sep 18, 2012 7:06 pm

Mel glanced over the book that fell out in front of her. "Hm" She muttered. She wasn't quite sure where he got this knowledge, as her family always tended to take the word as a bit of an insult when used by an outsider. He had time to learn, though. She'd work on him a bit, if he needed a book to learn his slang, he probably wasn't from around these parts.

She grinned. "No problem. Can I have my shirt back now?"
Back to top Go down
Malverne
Bio Approver
Malverne

PostSubject: Re: Practical Applications: Day 1   Practical Applications: Day 1 I_icon_minitimeTue Sep 18, 2012 9:07 pm

Jojo listened to the commotion from under his desk, holding his head between his knees, now praying to the Hindu pantheon. This one always took a while to get through. Jojo hoped that the Hindu gods would keep him busy at least until lunch, where he could take a break and calm down from all the shenanigans.

Speaking of shenanigans...it seemed to have quieted down up above. Jojo raised his hand, snaking his arm around his chair so that it could rise above the level of the desk.

"Um," Jojo's muffled voice could be heard from behind the wood paneling, "Can I come out now? Please?"
Back to top Go down
keylaleigh

keylaleigh

PostSubject: Re: Practical Applications: Day 1   Practical Applications: Day 1 I_icon_minitimeWed Sep 19, 2012 11:14 pm

Mel looked down at the boy under the desk. "Oh, you're still under there. Everything's good now." She grinned. "Thanks for the help." She whispered and winked.

She had a weird feeling about this other guy, the one she smacked in the back of the head. She wasn't quite sure how to describe it yet, but there was something. She rolled her eyes. "Hey. Can I have my shirt back? It's kinda chilly in here.

meanwhile...

Augustin DuChamp quickly made his way down the hallway of the DWMA. He kind of knew where to go, so he just followed the winding hallways down and down until he reached the door with his class number on it. He adjusted his handkerchief, and then his rose, and then his hair, and then his jacket, and then his rose again. He took a look in a reflection in a window.

There. That should be good.

He walked into the classroom, slightly grandly. Didn't want to appear too pompous on the first day. He made his way to an empty desk right above a very tiny girl. He didn't even know that people could be made that tiny until now.

"Did I miss anything?" He asked to nobody in particular.
Back to top Go down
Malverne
Bio Approver
Malverne

PostSubject: Re: Practical Applications: Day 1   Practical Applications: Day 1 I_icon_minitimeWed Sep 19, 2012 11:21 pm

"Oh, not much," Jojo muttered to himself, "Only arson, and aggravated assault. Oh, you shoulda been here for the earlier class, a good lawyer could probably have gotten the professor on kidnapping, and definitely abuse. And there was the two fights that happened between classes. Yea, not much at all."

The most anyone could hear was muffled angry mutterings from under the desk. Jojo didn't feel like coming out any time soon, so he closed his eyes, and tried to focus on the souls of the people around him. Maybe, when he got home and undoubtedly procrastinated on his homework, he'd try to transpose the soul-music. Jojo didn't do that often; the last time he'd played someone's soul-song, she'd started dating him. He didn't want that to happen again.
Back to top Go down
Kinslayer6788

Kinslayer6788

PostSubject: Re: Practical Applications: Day 1   Practical Applications: Day 1 I_icon_minitimeThu Sep 20, 2012 9:49 am

Jab blinked rappidly as heard the girl who saved his life ask a second time for her shirt back. "Oh here, sorry. I didn't quite hear you the first time. My head is a little awatadashii. Yoroshiku onegaishimasu."

He sat back in his chair, and leaned back as the obvious french man walked in. Jab grabed his book back and looked through the pages. He found what he was looking for and closed the book. He looked, as the americans called him, like a dandy. So Jab got up and sat down next to the frenchman.

"You must have missed last period as well. I got this from the nice guy in the row up there." Jab handed his notes to the dandy.
Back to top Go down
Tacker
Admin
Tacker

PostSubject: Re: Practical Applications: Day 1   Practical Applications: Day 1 I_icon_minitimeThu Sep 20, 2012 11:06 pm

Cal was hardly phased at what had just happened. I mean, weirder stuff has happened at this school, right? However, the satisfying crack the shield made put the smallest grin on Calcifer's face.

Jojo was under his desk through this whole affair. That with the note led Calcifer to believe that Jojo was involved in the incident. Not bad for such a shy kid. Unfortunately, even after Mel had let him know it was over the meister remained under his desk.

Cal leaned back and gave Jojo's desk a small knock with the back of his knuckles. "Who's this?" He asked, seeming to talk directly to the back of a desk as he stared down the kingly looking student.
Back to top Go down
Malverne
Bio Approver
Malverne

PostSubject: Re: Practical Applications: Day 1   Practical Applications: Day 1 I_icon_minitimeThu Sep 20, 2012 11:14 pm

Jojo wondered why the tall kid with slightly less hair than he'd had a few minutes ago was speaking in Japanese. No one in here spoke Japanese. Speaking Japanese amongst a bunch of people who are not fluent in Japanese is worse than talking for the sole purpose of talking, because no one's even gong to be listening.

Jojo jumped at the knocking on his desk.

"No idea," he said to Cal, "I have even less information about him than you; I haven't even seen him yet. Why don't you ask him?" Jojo went back to his praying. Hello Hindu gods, didja miss me?

"How much longer is the class supposed to go for?" Jojo asked, to anyone who would answer. His voice was unusually strong. It was probably because he couldn't see anyone beyond Mel's feet swinging a foot away from the floor.
Back to top Go down
keylaleigh

keylaleigh

PostSubject: Re: Practical Applications: Day 1   Practical Applications: Day 1 I_icon_minitimeThu Sep 27, 2012 7:41 am

Augustin was too busy looking his nails over to notice people were talking to him. He needed to get them trimmed soon...

And then he heard people start to mutter about him.

"Oh, my apologies. I am Augustin DuChamp. I'm a little late because I had a long way to travel, and the planes were held over for a while." He then saw that the tall one right below him had handed him notes. "Thank you very much."
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Practical Applications: Day 1   Practical Applications: Day 1 I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
DWMA :: Death Weapon Meister Academy :: Inside the Academy-
Jump to: