DWMA
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

DWMA

A canon free Soul Eater role-playing site

HomePortalSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in
Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search
Latest topics
» Draw Now: 30 Easy Exercises For Beginners
Practical Applications: Day 1 - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeThu Dec 19, 2013 1:46 pm by 

» Mission for Mel: Jeremy Dahmer
Practical Applications: Day 1 - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeFri Dec 07, 2012 12:58 am by keylaleigh

» Mission: El Chupacabra Takedown!
Practical Applications: Day 1 - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSun Nov 18, 2012 9:35 pm by Malverne

» Cybil is here!!
Practical Applications: Day 1 - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSat Nov 17, 2012 1:13 pm by Tacker

» Cybil (WIP)
Practical Applications: Day 1 - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSat Nov 17, 2012 1:03 pm by Cybil

» Mission: Millennium Bug
Practical Applications: Day 1 - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeFri Nov 16, 2012 12:23 am by Malverne

» Mission: El Chupacabra
Practical Applications: Day 1 - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeThu Nov 15, 2012 11:53 pm by Malverne

» ...Right. Partners. I need one.
Practical Applications: Day 1 - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeThu Nov 15, 2012 11:39 pm by Ren Nakai

» Rash, Rushed, Ren!
Practical Applications: Day 1 - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeThu Nov 15, 2012 11:33 pm by Malverne

Most active topics
The Brawl of the Soloists Ralph vs Dunto
Homeroom: Day 1
Practical Applications: Day 1
Ralph's shack, The mysterious noises?
Mission for Mel: Jeremy Dahmer
Rash, Rushed, Ren!
Mission: El Chupacabra Takedown!
Dunto New Man on the Block!!!
The Painter of DWMA
Calcifer Halt - Cold Hearted Machine
Who is online?
In total there is 1 user online :: 0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 1 Guest

None

Most users ever online was 55 on Sat Jul 29, 2017 6:54 am

Go down 
4 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
Tacker
Admin
Tacker

Practical Applications: Day 1 - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Practical Applications: Day 1   Practical Applications: Day 1 - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeMon Oct 01, 2012 7:55 pm

Then he's another new student? Calcifer broke his gaze at the students eyes to look at his attire. Wow. The word 'precise' did no justice to the perfection of this boy's hair and clothes. Not a strand out of place. Although Cal respected precision, this was over the top.

Anyways, Jojo seemed as though he was itching to leave this pointless class. "Twenty." Cal said quietly answering Jojo before continuing, "But this is pointless. I think we should leave." A thought had begun brewing in the back of the weapon's mind, but he didn't intend to blurt it out. It involved a more permanent partnership than what he was used to dealing with.
Back to top Go down
https://dwma-rpg.rpg-board.net
Malverne
Bio Approver
Malverne

PostSubject: Re: Practical Applications: Day 1   Practical Applications: Day 1 - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeWed Nov 14, 2012 6:46 pm

Jojo was thankful that Cal had mentioned leaving first. The thought had crossed his mind a while ago, but he didn't have the nerve to actually go through with it.

"Yea," Jojo said to Cal, "That's a good idea, let's go." Jojo hopped over the desk he'd been sitting in, and landing next to Cal. He stood there for an incredibly awkward five seconds, trying to ignore the stares of the rest of the classroom.

"You wanted to talk to me on the roof after class, right?" the shy boy muttered quietly, "Tacker's obviously not showing up, let's head out." At that moment, a random, faceless staff member stuck his/her androgynous face into the class.

"Your teacher's incapacitated," the random NPC said, "Class is cancelled. You're free to go for the day."
Back to top Go down
Tacker
Admin
Tacker

PostSubject: Re: Practical Applications: Day 1   Practical Applications: Day 1 - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeWed Nov 14, 2012 7:16 pm

Impeccable timing. Calcifer thought, silently applauding the stranger in his head. He stretched his back slightly as Jojo mentioned the roof. "Right." His nod was more revealing than the word itself as he began walking out of the class with Jojo close behind.

Their early decision gave them a jump on the rest of the class which was a welcome lead. Walking in crowds felt unnatural to Cal. As he made his way to the roof he turned his head slightly and glanced at the meister behind him. Although no intense emotion passed over him, the question he was meaning to ask was obviously having a hard time finding it's way past his lips.

After a second of internal struggle - a new experience to the usually decided weapon - he stopped and turned to fully face Jojo. "Would..." The question leaked out, slowly, but surely. "Would you like to be partners?"

Frank didn't exactly cover his approach. No easing into it, nor offering it as an idea or possibility, just a straight up yes/no question. His face revealed a slightly wondering and hopeful look which was not portrayed as well as he had hoped since it was new to him, and he stood silently awaiting the meister's decision.
Back to top Go down
Malverne
Bio Approver
Malverne

PostSubject: Re: Practical Applications: Day 1   Practical Applications: Day 1 - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeWed Nov 14, 2012 7:28 pm

Jojo followed silently on Cal's heels up to the roof. He winced at the bright sunlight streaming straight down on the pair, and he shuffled awkwardly as Cal seemed to struggle with...whatever he wanted to say.

Jojo's gaze, which had been firmly on his own shoes, came up to meet Cal's as the weapon almost yelled his question. The pale boy's face turned bright red, and he ducked his head, going straight back to staring at his feet. He tried to say something, but his throat didn't seem to really want to work.

"Um," he managed after a few tries, "I guess. I mean...I'm not that good at fighting, and I don't even know what kind of weapon you are, so I don't know if we'd be compatible or anything, so I mean, I'd get it if you changed your mind because I'm not really much of a meister..." Jojo realized he was rambling, and turned an even brighter shade of red. He snapped his mouth shut, and committed himself to staring at his feet for the next three days straight.
Back to top Go down
Tacker
Admin
Tacker

PostSubject: Re: Practical Applications: Day 1   Practical Applications: Day 1 - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeWed Nov 14, 2012 7:54 pm

Calcifer didn't flinch when Jojo tried to explain his own flaws, rather it seemed to make him want the meister as his partner even more. Being humble was a good quality, though in Jojo's case it was pretty extreme.

He made his way to the edge of the roof and leaned up against it. "Look." The weapon positioned himself a bit more carefully. Within split seconds he was fully transformed into a Beretta 50 caliber sniper rifle, resting barrel up on the half wall.

Hopefully Jojo would be able to handle this. "Try shooting." Calcifer encouraged.
Back to top Go down
Malverne
Bio Approver
Malverne

PostSubject: Re: Practical Applications: Day 1   Practical Applications: Day 1 - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeWed Nov 14, 2012 9:53 pm

Jojo stared at the long sniper rifle, his commitment to staring only at his feet entirely forgotten.

"Y-you sure?" he asked, carefully picking the rifle up. It was light, and perfectly balanced, and slightly warm in his hands. He brought Cal up to his shoulder like he'd seen snipers do on TV, and looked into the scope. Jojo scanned the city, able to zoom in on the farthest tiny detail, and whistled.

"Er, what did you want me to shoot?" he asked. "Oh, wait, there's something." Jojo found a stupid little rooster cutout attached to a chimney, one of those things that was supposed to turn with the wind, and zeroed in on it.

"So I just...pull the trigger?" Jojo squeezed the trigger of the sniper rifle, sending a bullet of compressed soul wavelength shooting through the air. The bullet punched through the metal rooster, knocking if off of its perch, and Jojo felt like Cal just punched him in the shoulder with recoil.

"Owww..." he groaned, rubbing his shoulder. "How'd I do?"
Back to top Go down
Tacker
Admin
Tacker

PostSubject: Re: Practical Applications: Day 1   Practical Applications: Day 1 - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeWed Nov 14, 2012 10:23 pm

Calcifer pushed his head out of the weapon and carefully judged the distance of the target in his head. He was impressed at the accuracy of the shot considering Jojo seemed to be a first time user.

"Well done." He congratulated, fully transforming back into his human form. Aside from the shot, Calcifer felt hardly any resistance from Jojo's wavelength. It felt natural to aim and fire a round, if not slightly easier than he was used to. A small part of him worried if he was becoming too close, and warned that he should mind his distance, but he snuffed out any feelings of doubt.

"Your shoulder will get used to the recoil." Cal said, half assuming that Jojo had already agreed. He turned to look Jojo in the eye, stern as ever. "So..?" His voice trailed slightly, but it was obvious that he was searching for an answer. It wasn't often that he came upon a meister whose wavelength matched his so well.
Back to top Go down
Malverne
Bio Approver
Malverne

PostSubject: Re: Practical Applications: Day 1   Practical Applications: Day 1 - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeWed Nov 14, 2012 11:38 pm

"Well, if you wanna be partners, I'm not gonna say no," Jojo said, a small smile creeping across his face, "So...I guess that's a yes?" He grinned fully, and scratched the back of his head.

"Heh, I've never had a partner before," he said, "This'll be fun, I guess."

((OOC: Failshort post is failshort...my brain died.))
Back to top Go down
Tacker
Admin
Tacker

PostSubject: Re: Practical Applications: Day 1   Practical Applications: Day 1 - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeThu Nov 15, 2012 12:11 am

For once in his life, Calcifer felt, well... Happy. He cracked a small grin which fit awkwardly on his face, and offered a handshake once again to the meister. All his life he had made it by with temporary assistance, but now, he was part of a team.

It would be a big change, having to be loyal to a single meister, but it was a welcome one. Calcifer wasted no time in exercising the new partnership. He looked down the stairs they had entered from and signaled to Jojo. "Let's try a mission."

((OOC: If you don't failshort at least once a thread, you fatally overclock your brain. #*The more you know*# Plus I just failshorted your failshort thereby cancelling out the former.))
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Practical Applications: Day 1   Practical Applications: Day 1 - Page 2 I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
DWMA :: Death Weapon Meister Academy :: Inside the Academy-
Jump to: