DWMA
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

DWMA

A canon free Soul Eater role-playing site

HomePortalSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in
Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search
Latest topics
» Draw Now: 30 Easy Exercises For Beginners
Original Character Creation: Guidelines I_icon_minitimeThu Dec 19, 2013 1:46 pm by 

» Mission for Mel: Jeremy Dahmer
Original Character Creation: Guidelines I_icon_minitimeFri Dec 07, 2012 12:58 am by keylaleigh

» Mission: El Chupacabra Takedown!
Original Character Creation: Guidelines I_icon_minitimeSun Nov 18, 2012 9:35 pm by Malverne

» Cybil is here!!
Original Character Creation: Guidelines I_icon_minitimeSat Nov 17, 2012 1:13 pm by Tacker

» Cybil (WIP)
Original Character Creation: Guidelines I_icon_minitimeSat Nov 17, 2012 1:03 pm by Cybil

» Mission: Millennium Bug
Original Character Creation: Guidelines I_icon_minitimeFri Nov 16, 2012 12:23 am by Malverne

» Mission: El Chupacabra
Original Character Creation: Guidelines I_icon_minitimeThu Nov 15, 2012 11:53 pm by Malverne

» ...Right. Partners. I need one.
Original Character Creation: Guidelines I_icon_minitimeThu Nov 15, 2012 11:39 pm by Ren Nakai

» Rash, Rushed, Ren!
Original Character Creation: Guidelines I_icon_minitimeThu Nov 15, 2012 11:33 pm by Malverne

Most active topics
The Brawl of the Soloists Ralph vs Dunto
Homeroom: Day 1
Practical Applications: Day 1
Ralph's shack, The mysterious noises?
Mission for Mel: Jeremy Dahmer
Rash, Rushed, Ren!
Mission: El Chupacabra Takedown!
Dunto New Man on the Block!!!
The Painter of DWMA
Calcifer Halt - Cold Hearted Machine
Who is online?
In total there are 2 users online :: 0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 2 Guests

None

Most users ever online was 55 on Sat Jul 29, 2017 6:54 am

Original Character Creation: Guidelines

Go down 
AuthorMessage
Tacker
Admin
Tacker

Original Character Creation: Guidelines Empty
PostSubject: Original Character Creation: Guidelines   Original Character Creation: Guidelines I_icon_minitimeTue Sep 04, 2012 5:57 pm

Hello, and welcome. If this is your first time making a character, or your skills are rusty, this is something you'll want to read. I'll be outlining what we're looking for, and what you should try to avoid. I will also let slip ways to bribe me, so pay attention.

First off: We want real people. We want complex characters, not the roleplay equivalent of a stick figure. You should put a good deal of thought into your characters, and if you do, I'll probably be able to tell. The other side of this is that we don't want overpowered characters. Find a Mary-Sue test, and use it. If you fail, rework your character before posting it. If you come very close to failing it, rework your character before posting. I don't want to shoot down characters because you think that being a twelve year old ninja who's an international pop star but can blend in perfectly is cool. This is the reason that we won't be accepting many death scythe applications.

Now that you know what I expect of your character, let's go over the application itself, shall we?

Behind the Role Player! (we're doing this to get a sense of who you are, and also to keep track of you)

Email: (If you don't feel comfortable displaying this, you can say so, and send a PM with your email to either me or another staff member. If you still aren't comfortable, then let us know, and we'll make sure to make a note of it)
How you found us: (Referral, internet surfing, you were LOOKING for a Soul Eater rp, that sort of thing)

Any Other Users: (what other characters you play. We don't expect you to make a new username for each character, but this helps us keep all the users straight)
RP Length: (How long you've been roleplaying)

Character Sheet

Name: (Name of your character)
Nickname: (If nothing, say N/A or none)
Age: (Nothing too young please. If you want a kid in lower to pre teens, then he/she can't be as strong as the full grown characters)
Height: (Make sure your height and weight are realistic. We don't want anyone anorexic. Find a chart online of the average healthy weight to height ratio)
Weight: (Same as above)
Weapon, Meister, Witch, Immortal, Kishin, Other: (What 'race' if you will)

Picture: (not necessary, but it can be helpful. Feel free to find images online, or draw it out)
Appearance: (Detailed appearance is necessary. A paragraph, bare minimum)

Personality: (MUST be thorough here. Basic personality, but also add how your character would react to different things: insults, overwhelming odds, a begging child, and most importantly a madness wavelength.)

Fighting Stlyle: (Offensive, defensive, or healing first. Then be detailed in how your character will approach a fight. Explain how he/she would tackle one strong opponent, a horde of kishins, a castle full of angry immortals searching for him/her...that sort of thing. Specific techniques can be written out in the Abilities section)

Abilities: (Your character's spells and techniques, and any other skills he/she may have. For example, your character may be a meister who can influence someone else's mind with his soul wavelength, and he can find food in the wild. Please keep these abilities applicable to the real world, I don't care much whether or not your character can touch his/her nose with his/her tongue.)
Special Notes: (Anything else you think I should know that doesn't belong in any other category)

Dislikes: (Once again...obvious. Try to keep the likes and dislikes about the same in number.)
Strengths: (What will help your character in battle)
Weaknesses: (What will hinder your character in battle. Have at least three strengths and weakness, and keep the number equal.)
Hobbies: (What does your character do in his/her spare time?)

History: (Right then, the history. This should be relatively long, but I'm not looking for three thousand words (Although a history can never be too long). I'm not expecting any dialogue, only significant events and reactions in your character's life. This is what I'm going to be looking at very closely, so do not skimp)

Right then, that's the profile. On to the things that I will immediately deny.

Contradictory Profiles
If you say in your personality that your character is shy in one sentence, then say that he's very outgoing and loud in the next, expect to be shot down. Now, this is different from multi-faceted. A character can be shy amongst strangers, and more talkative when around friends, but if that's the case SAY SO. Still, don't make the character have two polar opposites.

Mental Illness
Be VERRRRY careful with this. I don't want someone who will have a psychotic breakdown in the middle of a fight because he smelled snow peas. It's annoying, and you'll leave your teammates in hot water. That said, I might let in something less drastic. I will not accept Multiple Personality Syndrome, but I might accept Bipolar Disorder, or drastic mood swings. The odds are not in your favor though, so I would advise you to just avoid mental problems.

Cliches
Don't...just don't. Don't make a bubble albeit dimwitted blonde cheerleader. I will do a facepalm, and if I'm in a particularly spiteful mood, I'll laugh at you.

Awesome, I think that's everything. If you have any questions, feel free to PM me, and I'll do my best to answer your question.

[All credit to Malverne]
Back to top Go down
https://dwma-rpg.rpg-board.net

Original Character Creation: Guidelines
Page 1 of 1